Monday, March 31, 2008

The Trip Home

Hello everybody!

I'm back and finally updating my blog. I had a good trip home. Bear was great in the car. He did a lot of sleeping and that was about it. It was great seeing my fam and Mel but it went too fast. Thank you, Brian and Steve and Erin for letting me stay with you. Bri, sorry about the rug. If you ever decide you want another one, just let me know and I'll send you some money. Bear had a great time with Sadie and Kaya. He and Sadie did a lot of "face wrestling". It was really cute. If they were in the same room, they just wouldn't stop.

Kaya and Bear had their fun too, but Kaya definitely let Bear know who's boss in her house. Let's just say it was very entertaining to watch. I'm sure everyone who was at Steve n Erin's can agree with me. Saturday night was fun. Jenn n the fam, Brenda, Mom n Dad, and Mel came over to Steve n Erin's and we hung out. That was really cool of you two to have us all over the day after you moved. I know how stressful it is, so it's much appreciated. Very nice house, BTW! Here's a few pics to enjoy:

Bear and Sadie


Sadie and Bear face wrestling


They're pooped after wrestling


Bear and Kaya


Steve and Erin's house

Easter was good too. Again, I wish I could have had more time at the hotel to hang with my nieces and nephews. It was a lot of fun and a big thanks to Mom and everyone else who made the delicious food. It was hard to leave that day. (My attempt at making that paragraph look "Eastery")

The girls in their flower girl dresses for
Steve and Erin's wedding. Aren't they adorable!

Talia, Brooklyn, and JJ


Annika and Aaron - Happy Birthday!



Sage and Emma


So I've been busy since I came back. This past weekend I attended a training here in the cities for a new swallowing treatment modality. It's called VitalStim and it involves placing electrodes on different parts of the neck and face to stimulate the muscles used in swallowing. There have been great results, with improvements seen in swallowing with just one treatment. It was a very intense and interesting training, but somewhat overwhelming. I am excited but a little nervous about starting to use it. This weekend I'll be going to a tracheostomy conference in Duluth. It's 3 hrs. Fri night and 3 hrs. Sat morn so I'll be back home by the afternoon on Sat.
Today we got about 5 inches of snow and it's still coming down. It's wet, heavy snow, but the temps this week should be 40-50 so it won't stick around long. But I'm just read for it to be done snowing!! C'mon spring.

Snow as of 6:30 this eve, still coming down now.



We got all new windows put in today. Pretty sweet. I'll post some pics of those later.


And last but not least, North Carolina is rockin it! They've played so well in the tourney, what a time to step it up. And they're so fun to watch too; they run the court so well. Danny Green has been awesome, and Lawson and Hansbrough were key in the L'ville game. The first Final 4 with all #1 seeds, how crazy! My bracket is busted, but that's ok cuz UNC's still in it and that's more important anyway. Go Heels!!


Peace out. BTW, congrats to Big Face and her new baby! I think you'll appreciate that, Justin.

4 comments:

Justin Fox said...

Wow, not gettin any love on this one eh?

Sara B said...

Yeah, everybody begs for a new post and then they don't even comment. I'm done with this. Apparently you're the only one who loves me honey.

Anonymous said...

what is up with the big face and her baby comment. Who is that?

Sara B said...

That's Giada from the Food Network. Justin always talks about how she has such a big face. Hence, Big Face.