Saturday, March 8, 2008

I'm Almost Official!

So, as of February 29th, I officially finished my clinical fellow year (CFY). This is a 9-month period after you graduate where you work under a supervisor and they do observations of you during your evaluations and treatment sessions. My supervisor, Karin, was awesome and she works at Richfield Health Center as well (she's the facility rehab coordinator for all the therapies, PT/OT/ST). It was so great to have an on-site supervisor so any questions I had she was right there to answer and help with the more difficult/complex patients. So now I'm done and am in the process of applying for my certificate of clinical competence (CCC) through ASHA (American Speech-Language and Hearing Association). It's somewhat of a time consuming process - I had to get an official transcript from UND, fill out an application, send a verification form to the CSD director at UND for him to fill out and send back to me, and then get it all together and send in. But it's well worth it, cuz when I get my CCC, I get a $2 raise! So, I'm really looking forward to that. It's also nice to feel like I'm not a student anymore. These past 9 months have gone by so fast. Sometimes it's weird to think I have a real job. Anyway, yay.



GO NORTH CAROLINA! I am so pumped up for the game tonight. They're going to go into
Cameron Indoor Stadium and kick some butt. Ellington needs to be on tonight and I'm hoping Lawson's 100% as well. Psycho T doesn't even need mentioning - I predict another double/double tonight. I think the key is UNC needs to get out on their shooters, or they'll kill us with the 3s. But I have faith, like usual, and can't wait to watch!!! I kinda want to punch Paulus in the face. And Singler too for that matter. Paulus cuz he's good, Singler cuz he's ugly.




Tomorrow Justin and I are going to a Wild game. He got tickets - center ice, 6 rows up - for working late one night on that virus problem. So I'm stoked, Justin could take it or leave it but I think he'll have fun too. I'll let you know how it was.



Mr. Bear had a lot of fun last night. We had some friends over to make supper - cajun shrimp alfredo - which was delish!! Anyway, they brought their 3 yr. old chocolate lab Hutch over, and he and Bear played a lot. I leave you with this pic of the two pups.


Edit: North Carolina wins!!! 76-68!! Good work. My MVP: Danny Green He's just gotten so much better this year. ACC reg. season champs and #1 seed for the tourney!


No comments: