Monday, March 10, 2008

A Day of Destruction

So Mr. Bear gets to be out roaming around the house all day when Justin and I are at work. The first two weeks he was out full time he was a pretty good pup. The only thing he'd do was sleep on the upstairs couches (these are supposed to be off-limits to him all the time). Then he started in with the destruction slowly. Brownies from my mom one week, some pictures from the fridge another week, then the plastic silverware holder from the dishrack. But today tops it all. It was Bear's day of destruction. I'll run you through what I discovered when I came home from work today.

Plastic silverware holder from dishrack #2 (no, we obviously didn't learn from the first incident):



The DVR remote from downstairs:



Long live Jerry! Even Big Bear couldn't bring him down. Just a chip is all he sustained, so we managed to salvage our collector's item.



This used to be a turtle. With 4 legs and a head. A momento from our honeymoon in the Riviera Maya. Now, as you can see, it is a blob. No head, no legs. Chewed off by the dog. Damn labs.



Needless to say, I was not a happy camper upon my arrival home. It was all I could do put that anger behind me and take him for a walk. But I pulled through, and surprisingly enough, so did Bear. I still love him, and here's one reason why:


Peace out.


8 comments:

Brian said...

Sara's gots a blog!

Justin Fox said...

Yes she does. What a nerd huh?

Anonymous said...

Cujo?

Anonymous said...

Sara, I love how you put the arrows on the plate picture. It really adds to the drama! But if you ever watch Antique Roadshow, you know that the chip will seriously diminish its value. So your practice kid really put you through the ringer, huh? What is your spank alternative?

Sara B said...

Unfortunately, you can't reason with dogs like you can with kids, so a swift kick in the butt pretty much set him straight. JK...I didn't do it, but wanted to pretty bad.

Anonymous said...

i think the turtle is happy, if bear would give thehead back

Anonymous said...

am i hard to deal with? i don't think so.

Sara B said...

Unfortunately, that turtle's head is in a landfill somewhere, I guess that's better off than in my pup's stomach. Believe me Annika, you are so much easier to deal with than a puppy!