Monday, April 7, 2008

I went to buy some groceries the other day and Justin and I like us some ice cream, so I perused the ice cream aisle. And what do I find but a delectable sounding Ben & Jerry's flavor, Vermonty Python. See below for description:



So, I bust it open the night I got it and dig into it with my spoon. Or should I say, attempted to dig into it. But it was like a rock. I manage to scoop out a bite; it wasn't bad, but definitely not great. Maybe even a bit gritty. I think this is odd, so I flip over the container and this is what I see on the bottom:

Eeewwww, gross. If you buy a thing of ice cream today, it expires one year from when you buy it. That means that this ice cream has been sitting in the freezer at Cub for 2 years!!! I returned it, and got some yummy (not expired) Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. I highly recommend it! That's my ice cream story.

We really enjoyed having Steve and Erin over this weekend. We did some intense grilling on Sat. Nice job on the strips, bro! We had some drinks and watched the bball game (I don't want to talk about it). It was a beautiful 66 degrees on Sat, so perfect day for grilling. P.S. Thanks for walking Bear on Sat. afternoon!!


The next morning, I get up, drink a cup of coffee, then go for a refill. Well, I can't exactly explain how it happened, but right after I put the creamer in, I have a hand spasm and knock my cup over, in turn dousing my phone with freshly creamered java. The screen starts blinking from the Verizon screen to a white screen, over and over. I take the battery out and try to dry it out. Justin puts it in a bag with some of those silica gel thingies (you know, those little packets that always come in your shoe boxes) to try to dry it. Well, then a little later, it powers up. Justin actually uses it to call his phone, and it works! I think, I should get my contact info off there asap. But then he proceeds to turn it off and all I can think is that it's not gonna start up again. Well it did, then it started sizzling, battery got hot, and it died. Never to be resuscitated again. Needless to say, I got a new phone. It's the Samsung Gleam. I really like it so far. Couldn't get a good pic of it yet, but check out Justin's blog for one.

We are painting the office/future nursery this weekend. We (I) decided on a color called Garden Spot from Behr. It's a job cuz we have to take down a bunch of crap off the walls, then sand, then paint. Here's a pic of the color, but it doesn't really do it justice, so just know it's better than it looks. With this color, we can accessorize for a boy or a girl! Plus anything's better than that ugly yellow color.



Below is a pic of the bedroom.


We have to take all that trim stuff off.




Bear loves his new bed! We got it from LL Bean. It's big but he loves it cuz he gets to stretch out! Isn't he the cutest pup ever?




Ok, I'll comment on the game. UNC was completely cold and they got themselves into a hole that they couldn't get out of. They made a hell of a run at it, but fell short. The only thing that makes me feel better is none of the starters are seniors, and I'm positive Hansbrough will come back for his senior year. So they should have a killer team next year too. I'm sad about no more bball for 7 months! :( Oh well.

Ok, gotta go. Hope everyone is doing well. I miss my fam, love you all!

Peace out.

7 comments:

Justin Fox said...

Maybe you wouldn't have gotten expired ice cream if you had tried to lower your carbon footprint.

Anonymous said...

ONE PARAGRAPH? WE GET ONE PARAGRAPH?!

Only kidding - we had a great time with you guys - hope to do it again really soon.

Here ends my promised post to you.

-- Erin --

Sara B said...

Justin - If I hear that saying come out of your mouth one more time, you're going to get a swift kick in the ballsack.

Erin - We're expecting you to return the favor, especially since it was such a big burden on us to have you here. Haha. Jk. Just think of all those people who get NO paragraphs. You should feel lucky you got one. You are special.

Anonymous said...

fillme in on the carbon footprint comment please. You guys always make me curious....lol

Sara B said...

Oh, carbon footprint. Whenever I use extra saran wrap or baggie or something like that, Justin always makes a comment about how I'm not lowering my carbon footprint. Then he'll come up with a way that he is. And that makes me want to kick him in the balls.

Justin Fox said...

Erin - Sara actually was trying to figure out how to not give you any paragraphs and I told her that she needed to. She got mad and tried to kick me in the coin purse.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for remembering us, Justin. It's much appreciated. Sorry about the coinpurse. =)