Thursday, May 1, 2008

This One's for B Squared

So this post is happening tonight only because of my sis, Brenda Babes. I knew I was overdue for a post, but was not planning on doing it tonight. Then I got an email from B demanding a post, so here you go. I hope you're happy ;)

Well, I have a wonderful husband. Remember my half eaten turtle from Bear's day of destruction? Well, I was so upset about that because it was a momento from our honeymoon and it was special to me. So Justin called the resort we stayed at and somehow (after much work) managed to get them to send me a new turtle! So I got it in the mail a couple days ago, and here it is!

I am one good looking turtle.


Yay!! He's a little different, but it doesn't matter. Just the fact that Justin went through all that work to get him makes him just as special to me!

So we got the trim done on the windows and then some dude came out today to paint the trim. We were originally going to do it ourselves, as I mentioned in my previous post, but we decided it would just save us so much time and effort to have someone else do it. And we knew they'd do a better job than us. So, alas, here are our new windows and trim! We just have to paint the walls cuz dude patched them for us.






So new windows, new trim, and refinished floors in 2 weeks. It'll be like a brand new house! It'll just be so nice to have all this stuff done cuz we've had towels on our windows for a month now.

We took Bear to Doggie Day Camp today because the paint guy came. Well, when they were checking him in this morn they noticed a bump on his lip. They called our vet and they thought it was probably CPV, a virus. It's like the equivalent to a wart on a person. But it's contagious to other dogs so poor Bear had to stay in the kennel all day at DDC instead of playing with all the other dogs. I was bummed out for him. But the people at PetSmart said they took him out more than just the scheduled times because they all know him so well and felt bad for him. So that was good. But I guess it takes a month or 2 to go away and we can't take him to day camp or Dog Day Getaway until it goes away. And we had plans to take him to DDG the weekend we're getting the floors done, which is only 2 weeks away. Now we might just have to board him at PetSmart without doing the day camp. I feel bad about that, but what else can we do? We're kinda hoping it goes away faster so we don't have to worry about it. Oh, and now Justin has a plethora of names for Bear now, including Paps (canine papilloma virus), Warts, etc. In honor of our pup, here are some adorable pics I took tonight.


Sleeping sitting up

Ok, have a good night everyone! You're welcome for the update. Guess whose fortune was whose? I'll give you a hint, mine's the way better one.

Peace out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you sis! I really look forward to reading your blogs-yes, I have no life. But, I will in about 11 days cuz I'm starting my online classes-yay! BTW, that was real sweet of your husband. Now I know why you married him. The windows look great! I can't wait to come and visit you guys! Too bad about your baby Bear. He's such a cute pup!

Anonymous said...

Thanks B for pestering her. I need an update at least every few days too.

Sara B said...

Sorry guys, I'll try to be better about posting more often. But no promises! :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad Justin went through all the trouble to get you a trutle like the one from your honeymoon. He's not as bad a guy as I thought.... :) I'm glad you wrote a new post too. It took so long I quit checking. JK You know I love ya. Can't wait to see you in less than 2 weeks!!! YAY

Anonymous said...

by the way, it's too late for me to fix turtle, so trutle it is.