Monday, May 26, 2008

Blogular Update

WHAT IS UP, PEEPS!!! I am excited because I'm posting so soon after my last post, like I promised. You should all be excited too. Ok, to start, vote on my poll on the side if you haven't already. BTW, you are allowed to vote for multiple answers, I did.

So the floors are done and our house is back in order, yay!! Here are some pics. Keep in mind that we went with water based poly vs. oil based. The water based doesn't have any color while the oil based has an amber tone to it and it yellows over time. So in the prev. pics our floors that were already finished were pretty yellow. Also, our new floors have a satin finish vs. glossy so they're not shiny. It was an adjustment the first time I saw them cuz they're so different, but we really like them. They have so much character and the wood is so nice.

What do you guys think?

So I got my flowers planted this weekend. The flower place (Bachman's) was chaotic and I don't know the first thing about flowers, so I had to ask like 4 diff employees for help cuz none had time to answer all the questions I had. So this is what I ended up with:

Impatiens in the flower box, they will eventually fill out the whole box.

Geraniums in the backyard

And a begonia by the side door

Here you can see our lilacs have really filled in. If you look closely, you can see the geraniums on the lower left part of the pic.

We are planning on getting more flowers in the future to fill in some spots in the yard, but that was enough work for one day. I'm not used to this kind of stuff! But it's fun and I like to check on my flowers everyday to see how they're doing! They are my new little babies.

Speaking of little babies, check out this one. Oooohhh, puppah!

So on my next post I will show pics of our new window treatments. We FINALLY got something on our windows, no more white trash towels!! So the only thing left right now is to paint the walls around the window trim in our bedroom. We might do that this weekend.

We had a great long weekend, got to eat some Taco John's, so that was a plus. Haha. Hope all of you had a good weekend too. Stay in touch and keep reading!

Seacrest out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your floors. They look really nice. Your flowers are pretty too. Good job on that. I have been meaning to plant flowers here all spring, and have yet to do it. Good job on posting again so soon. Keep up the good work. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. With the timely post, the floors, and the flowers. Really, those floors are nice. Erin's going to be doing some flowers soon, so far I'm just mowing. I took your advice and multi-voted. Family Guy and other. The other being Top Chef. Although there is a lot to be said for some others. I like The Office and House.

Justin Fox said...

Everyone knows that The First 48 is the best show out there, so there isn't really any need to vote.

Anonymous said...

The floors look great Sara. You're really whipping that house into shape.

Re your poll, I had to change my vote from 'other' to Deadliest Catch to reflect Zanthia's opinion. She was hooked on the Deadliest Catch marathon yesterday. Hollywood could never assemble a set of characters like these guys. It's a great show and looks great in HD!

Here's my idea for a poll: Can Sara post a blog entry without a picture of Bear? HA!

Sara B said...

We're just upping the value of our house by the minute!

For you fellow dog owners, we got some stuff called 'Guardog' that you spray on your lawn to protect it from the pee. It's microbes so it's not harmful to the dog and it's a preventative tx, you do it like every couple of months. We'll let you know if it works!

I'm pretty much addicted to all those shows I put as options. I love the captains on DC!

Jeff, the real question is, Would you even want to see a post without a pic of the pup? I didn't think so.

Anonymous said...

Yep, love the floors and the flowers aren't too shabby either! I would have to totally agree with Justin on the First 48 comment. It rocks and I believe Sara was the one who first introduced me to it. BTW, I won't be planting flowers anytime soon. Actually Brian is taking care of that around our house. Strange, huh? He doesn't have anything better to do anyways. He doesn't read your blog, does he? I might be in trouble now!

Brian said...

Six pack and a lb!

Sara B said...

OH SNAPE!