Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Happenings

What's up everybody? It's been awhile, so I thought I'd fill you in on what's been happening around here.

I finally got my ASHA Certification!! Yay. That was an exciting day. I got the letter in the mail 2 weeks ago. So soon I'll be getting my raise. And I already started doing VitalStim. I had a patient at Richfield that I did a couple sessions with and now I have a patient at Golden Valley that will be starting tomorrow. It's just nice to finally have my C's.

We got all new trim on the windows yesterday. It's really nice, but now we have more work ahead of us. The new trim doesn't go out as far as the old stuff, so we have to sand down the paint, fill it, and then repaint around all the trim. Then we have to prime and paint the trim itself. So it's not that hard of work, just time consuming. We're talking 8 windows! But after it's all said and done, it'll look really nice. I'll post a pic of the new trim later.

Bear has been spoiled lately and going to the dog park a lot. Now that the ponds are thawed, I can't keep him out of the water. He loves to fetch balls out of the ponds. Funny though, cuz he won't bring one back on land at the dp, but he'll bring it back from the water. But he looks so cute swimming his little heart out to get those tennis balls. He went to the vet on Monday for his yearly round of shots, nail clipping, and 1-year check up. The verdict is out: the puppah is overweight!! He's 55.6 lbs, they want him at 50. I guess it's still just hard for me to get through my head. But now he only gets 2 cups of food a day (used to be 2 1/2 cups a day). And we're cutting down the peanut butter kong to only a few times a week. Greenies he'll only get on the weekends. Our poor pup will be treat deprived! Oh, and he has mild dental disease. So, we've started brushing his teeth. He has poultry flavored toothpaste. And he loves it. I can't believe he doesn't mind having his teeth brushed. Can you imagine if we used poultry flavored toothpaste? I think that I'd like mashed potato and gravy flavored toothpaste. On a good note, Bear doesn't have heartworm! But he is a fattie.

So, I'm flying solo this weekend. Justin is going to a wedding in Fargo so I'm stuck with Mr. Bear. Maybe we'll try a little rollerblading if the weather permits.

I know this is a boring post, but deal with it. If I didn't post anything new, I'd get crap for not updating it. So make yourself enjoy this. The colors will help, and that's why I did it.

A blog without pics! AHHH! I'll try to not let it happen again. The fact of the matter is I'm too lazy to get off the couch and go upstairs to get the camera.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would like mashed potato and gravy flavored toothpaste too! That's why we are best friends! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sara, congrats on the certification! And don't worry about WHAT you write, as long as you write SOMETHING. Your fam does like to hear what's going on.

Anonymous said...

I second j's sentiment about writing, and of course congratulations again. I would like bbq ribs flavored toothpaste I think. Good news Sara! Hansbrough is coming back! Not a big suprise though I guess. Now get me some pictures to look at!

Sara B said...

Mel: That's exactly right, that is why we're BFF! Haha. Luv ya too.

Jeff: Thanks. What kind of toothpaste would you like?

Peave: I'm down with the rib t-p. I knew Psycho T would come back, but did you hear Ellington and Lawson declared for the draft? But they're not hiring agents, so they could withdraw still. Boo! Watch it with the demands about pics, I might ban you from my blog.

Brian said...

Wow. I would love mashed potato/gravy toothpaste.

That's an idea that should become a reality.

Anonymous said...

You all are flippin weird-mashed potato and gravy toothpaste-ewwwww! It's gotta be something sweet all the way. Sara, I hate to do this to you but I found a grammar error in your post and you know how I am about that, pretty much just like you! It was the part where you said you can't believe Bear doesn't mind having his teeth brush-not brushed. Don't be mad at me now, k? I still love you and I love reading your posts and checkin out all the comments!

Sara B said...

Musta been typing too fast. Fixed.

Anonymous said...

That's funny Brenda. I thought I was the only grammer nazi around. We are an underappreciated group.

Anonymous said...

AAAH! I spelled grammar wrong!

Anonymous said...

Nice job Jeff! That's too funny. We are definitely unappreciated. I think I tend to drive people crazy sometimes being so picky. My biggest thing right now is Talia started saying 'aint' a lot. She gets it from her best friend at school. It hurts my ears every time she says it!

Anonymous said...

BTW, congrats on the certification! You rock! I'm very proud of you lil' sis.

Justin Fox said...

Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste Basketball Toothpaste

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the certification, Sara - very cool indeed.

(And I love the picture of Steven with the jester hat on...I think I might need a copy of that.)

-- Erin --

Anonymous said...

Sara, maybe not putting pictures in your posts is the key because you got 13...make that 14 comments! Ha! Hey, congratulations on your certificate. I hope using that new procedure/product works out well for you. Does that make sense?

Love ya!