Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ice Cream Update...and More

Props to Ben and Jerry's for their response to Justin's email about the ice cream fiasco. J-wad sent them an email basically saying we know it's not your fault, but we just wanted to make you aware of the sitch. About a week later, we got a letter in the mail from B&J's saying they were sorry about what happened and they included these coupons (or koopins, as it were).

I used this coupon today, bought the S'mores kind. Haven't tried it yet, but am considering it this very moment.

Thanks Ben and Jerry! We 'preciate it.


This past Saturday we got the office painted. I now present you with a timeline of the event...
in pictures!

Pre-prep. Note all the trim and the chair rail that needed to be taken off of 3 walls, sanded, patched, then floated with joint compound. Who do you think did all of that? You're right, me. Ha ha. Not so much. It sure is nice to have a husband to do that stuff.

Here's Justin taking off part of the chair rail.


Bear's doing his part to help take care of the trim.


Chair rail and trim are off, sanded, patched, and floated.

Justin taping


Justin cutting in


Almost done with the first coat.



First coat done and drying!


Next two pics are the finished product!



Perfect for a baby boy or girl in the future! Green and pink and brown if we have a girl, green and blue if it's a boy. Yay! Maybe just another year or two ;)


What? You'd like to see some more pics of the pup? Ok, here they are.


Ok, more news later but I had to get this post done, it's been too long! Oh, btw, I know it appears as though Justin did all the work in the office. Someone had to take the initiative to snap some photos while working. Of course it was me.

P.O. homies.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The office/nursery looks great - I love the color -- I'm sure your future Baby Fox will love it, too!

And Bear is such a cute little guy -- what a sweetie!

-- Erin --

Anonymous said...

Nice work. Much better color.

Anonymous said...

Sara, You've got to be one of the most entertaining bloggers evah! I love the suspense when you ate the ice cream...and then the big reveal with the picture of the expiration date...genius! I can't believe how big bear's gotten since your early pics. Well, I hope Mike and I and the kids can come visit this summer so we can get a paragraph.

Love ya, sis!

Sara B said...

Erin - thanks! And I take pics of Bear while he's sleeping because he looks so sweet. But there is a reason one of his (many) nicknames is Bearcifer.

J - We agree. But I guess some peeps are into puke yellow.

Sista - You know, I try to make this a fun and exciting reading experience for all who take the time to read my blog. People who also comment will get more props as well. You guys NEED to come visit us this summer! Bear would love to run around with the kids. We've always got room and time!

Anonymous said...

So it was kind of crazy reading about the ice cream thing cuz just last night i was at the grocery store in the i.c. aisle for a really long time trying to pick out the best kind. I couldn't decide on just one so i got two kinds-cookie dough and the other is Quarterback Option-chocolate peanut butter flavored ice cream with swirls of caramel and choc covered peanuts-delicious! Anyways I thought that was kind of funny. So yeah I love the NURSERY! I also love seeing Justin working so hard-good job lil sis! The room will be perfect for the lil tot whom we hope will be coming along in the near future. Well enough about that! There's my comment and trust me much more to come! Yay!

Sara B said...

Word up B squared! I'm glad you like the nursery. Was your ice cream expired? J-wad would love the Q-back option kind! 'member when we got the banana split i.c. and I ate like 3 bowls that night? I cannot find a kind like that here - they all have pineapple and cherries and nuts in them. Groatey!

Anonymous said...

Nice way of spelling 'groatey'! Is that correct? I guess it doesn't matter if it's not an actual word...or is it? I better look it up. BTW, no my ice cream was not expired. So, you gonna talk to me at mom's party?

Anonymous said...

a kit - a baby fox is called a kit,
as in "your future kit will love the new color"

Sara B said...

B-dog: Sinse groatey is nawt a reel wurd I ken spel it ani wei I waunt. btw, I'll talk to you at Mom's party.

Peavey: Palabra, bro. 'Preciate the tidbit.