Saturday, November 1, 2008

Karma...

...is a bitch. So as you know, last weekend we carved pumpkins. Well, a couple days later, Sam texted me to ask for the pics we took cuz the squirrels ate her pumpkins. I laughed, as my pumpkin had remained untouched by said squirrels. The next day, I come home and whaddaya know, my pumpkin was destroyed. Here are some pics of the damage:




So, I made a last minute attempt at carving the other pumpkin I had. At about 5:30 Friday night I knocked this one out in about 10 mins:


Not my best work, I know, but I needed to have something. You know, Mel and I carved pumpkins nearly every Halloween up in GF, and never once did the squirrels eat them. Little bastards. All that hard work for nothing.

We got probably around 40 trick-or-treaters last night. Nothing too exciting. I dressed up as an angel for work. Remember my angel costume, B? The one I wore to Vegoose. Oh, it brought back some memories! In honor of that, here is a pic of B and I at Vegoose, all costumed up:


So today I made a banana cream pie from scratch, it's one of Justin's faves. It's still chilling, so I'll give you the verdict on how it is later.
Right now I am watching the Shining, woohoo! Tonight we're going to watch The Incredible Hulk. Tomorrow I'm planning on doing a lot of football watching, but we must make a trip to Trader Joe's to buy some wine. Justin says we should get a case, cuz it's only $3/bottle and it's really good stuff - Charles Shaw (you've heard of 2-buck Chuck, well, it's $3 here). There aren't many wines we like, and we both really like this stuff. Then we gotta hit up Southdale: JCPenney and Bath and Body Works.

I'm sad that this weekend is going to be over before we know it, but that means girls' weekend is just around the corner!! I can't wait! I'm glad I'm flying home, it'll save me so much time and I heard there's a bunch of snow in the forecast - not for the cities or B-town, but inbetween, and I don't wanna deal with driving in that.

K, better get back to watching my movie. But I will leave you with this pic of Bear that I took about a minute ago. He's patiently waiting to go for his evening walk. I love the little foot hanging off the bed.
POB!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that sure sucks 'bout the pumpkins! I'm a bad mommy, we didn't carve any pumpkins. I did buy pumpkin shaped sugar cookies though-it's something!

Wow, that pic really brings back memories! I forgot we dressed up-that's a cute pic. What year was that again? I can't seem to remember. It was so much fun. I miss the old days when I actually used to go places and do fun things. Maybe in about 18 years I will again:)

Sara B said...

Thanks, B, for being the only one that cares about my blog!

Anonymous said...

U know I love you!