Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Hello! How was everyone's weekend? On Saturday, we had our friends Sam and Ben over and we (Justin excluded, party pooper) carved pumpkins! It was a good time. Here's what we did:

Sam's witch

Ben's wolves

My pirate ship


My pirate ship, lit up

After that, we (mostly Justin, what a hubby) made a delicious supper of shrimp and chicken alfredo - homemade! He makes a damn good alfredo, I must say. We also had garlic rolls, salad, and my apple pie dessert. Apparently, Bear felt left out of the whole deal and decided he deserves some dessert too. So today, he pulled the pie off of the counter and ate it all. There was about 1/2 of a 9-in pie left. Sound vaguely familiar? Yep, same situation happened about a month ago, just replace 'apple pie' with 'caramel rolls'. What a little fiend. But I guess I can't blame him. I'm mostly mad at myself for leaving it on the counter. Anyway, he's wired and flying around the house on a crazy sugar high.

On Sunday, Justin and I took Bear to doggie day camp and then ran some errands. We're looking for a carafe-less coffeepot, but they are elusive! We want the one like mom and dad's, but the deluxe version. I think we'll have to order it online. We went to one of our fave restaurants for lunch, Soho Cafe in Uptown. If you like Greek food, you must try it! Best gyro I've ever had.

We also raked and filled pumpkin bags on Saturday (plus 7 humongo garbage bags). Then Sunday is was about 30 degrees, 45 mph winds, and snow. So all our hard work raking was for nothing. Oh well, such is life in Minnesota.

So we had a good weekend and it was hard to go back to work today. But only a week and a half till Girls' Weekend!!! I am so excited. Can't wait, girlies!


P.O.B.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend, Sara!

Steven and I carved our pumpkins on Saturday as well. His is scary and mine's cute. I will try to post some pics on Facebook soon. I'm going to decorate the front window so people can see them when they come trick-or-treating. Good times - Halloween is definitely my fave holiday.

As for your apple dessert. Sorry to hear that Bear-pig ate it off the counter! Today I came home for lunch and Jack had eaten a good portion of our middle couch cushion. Little snot. Maybe if we leave dessert on the counter, he won't eat furniture....

Can't wait to see you for girls weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love how in the first part of your post you're talkin' shit about J-dog and then in the next part, he's such a wonderful hubby! You're too funny.

The pumpkins look awesome, by the way. Nice job!

I can't believe you didn't learn with the caramel rolls. He so got you! Nice job, Bearcifer!

Can't wait for girl's weekend, too! It's going to rock. Love you sis!

Sara B said...

E: Sorry to hear about the couch! Can a person buy just one cushion? I want to see the pics of your pumpkins PUMPKINS PUMPKINS PUMPKINS PUMPKINS PUMPKINS PUMPKINS PUMPKINS PUMPKINS PUMPKINS PUMPKINS PUMPKINS PUMPKINS PUMPKINS PUMPKINS

B-dog: Apparently I didn't learn. And now my fat dog is even fatter.

Girls' Weekend '08 - woooohooooo!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys are awesome carvers. I carved the kids' pumpkins last night and while they were ok, they're nothing like yours. Having a good knife must be what it's all about, huh?

Sara B said...

My knife skills are exceptional. I guess having a pattern helps a little.