Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be...

Well, we're back! It's hard to get back to reality after 4 days of sun, lake, swimming, boozing, and relaxing. We had a really good time. Thank you Margie and Wayne for everything! We got in late Wed. night. Thursday we went out on the boat and swam, then boated to a restaurant called Calhoun's for supper. Friday we had a little get-together on Margie and Wayne's patio so we could meet all their friends at Rarity Bay. Sat and Sunday we went on the boat again, swam, and tubed one day. We're getting too old for tubing - we were so sore for the next 3 days! That lake is wonderful to swim in - it's warm but not too warm, it's clean, and there's barely any traffic! It was in the upper 80s, low 90s while we were there, and very humid, but that's tolerable when you're on the water. Here are some pics:

Me tubing


Justin tubing

On the boat, Smoky Mtns in the distance


Margie and Wayne's house in the left, pic taken from the boat.


Some huge houses on the lake, taken from the boat.





Chillin on/in the lake.

Ginormous spider on the dock.

The next 2 pics are taken from our bedroom window:
Foxes pool

The lake, of course


We got back Monday morning and were pretty much lazy all day (well, I did some shopping). We picked the pup up from Dog Day Getaway later that evening. 5 full days there and he was wiped. Here's a pic of the tired pup Monday evening.


That place is the bomb and he loves it; he's out with all the other dogs for 14 hours/day. Plus, they have webcams so you can check in on your dog on the internet!

This weekend we are going to be super lazy and we're really looking forward to it. It seems like we've had so much going on lately, we're ready to just veg. I also have a bottle of champagne that's calling my name ;)

Alright, that's all for now. More later, like pics of my pimped out car with the tinted windows. Haha. Hope everyone's doing well!

P.O.B

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, their house looks amazing! When do I get to go:) It sounds like you had a fun, relaxing time. That's good for you guys.
Hey, I'm disappointed-no poll?! I have an idea-what's Brenda having-a boy or a girl? Ooh, good idea! Love ya and can't wait to see ya!

!Paz!

Sara B said...

Poll idea accepted.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome vacation - that's so nice that you were able to visit Justin's family before the weather turns cold!

And those houses are ridiculous. All of 'em. Ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of votes on your poll but not many comments on your blog-what's up with that? I feel so special:)

Sara B said...

Yeah, B, I find it very interesting. And a little irritating. Comment, people! I give so much, could you just give a little in return? :(

Anonymous said...

Hello!! My internet is finally working again!!! YAY! I love Tennessee as well, and wish I had a reason to go there ever anymore, since Bonnaroo never seems to fit into my schedule anymore. :( Thanks for wishing me a Happy Birthday on your blog, I can't believe my internet has been sucking for so long. BTW, since the what is B-dog having poll is closed, my vote is boy as well. It's just time for a boy!! :) Love ya B!! And love you too Fattie!