Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Off to Tennessee

Hello everyone! Just wanted to post and let you know that Justin and I are flying down the TN tomorrow to visit his parents. Sounds like it will be hot, but that's great for being on the lake! We'll probably do some swimming and tubing. We always have a good time down there, so we're looking forward to our vacation! The few days off of work will be nice too ;)

Got the windows of my car tinted. Looks pretty sweet. They did a great job. I'll take some pics later and post them - prob when I get back.

Went to the MN State Fair with my friend Sam tonight. I am not all that interested in much of the shopping, although I did get a cool ceramic turtle there (again, I'll post a pic later). I mostly go for the food! Last year, we had deep fried pickles, deep fried cheese curds, Sweet Martha choc. chip cookies, and I had a deep fried Milky Way. See the theme there? Sad. Anyway, this year I wanted to try some new stuff. Here's what I had: curly fries with chili and cheese, cheese curds (couldn't pass those up), a funnel cake, and choc. covered cheesecake on a stick (cuz everything there is 'on a stick'). Now I have some serious gut rot, but you know, you only get to eat stuff like that once a year, so it was enjoyable. Holy crap a lot of people go to the fair.

And I want to wish a Happy Golden Birthday to my bff Melissa! We hung out this past weekend in Fargo and had a good time drinking in the hotel room and then playing some Big Buck Hunter at OC :) Hope you had/have a great b-day and I love you!

I'll post some pics of Tenn when I get back too. I hope everyone has fun working while I vacay!

POB

P.S. Vote on my poll now, and then come next March, we'll see who wins! But no prizes, sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. I would have gone for all that food, too. Just reading all that you ate made me hungry and made my stomach hurt-no kidding gut rot!

Oh, and I must say I voted just for you cuz I have no idea! It's way too early to figure that out now, isn't it?

Hope you have fun in Tennessee! Call me when you get back. Love ya!

!Paz!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous, too. I miss the state fair! Tell me food on a stick is going to be somewhere and you can pretty much always count me in. =)

Have a fun trip!

Oh, and I voted for UNC. I don't follow college basketball, but I don't want Steven to be mad at me...

Sara B said...

I have to say that the those curly fries w/ chili and cheese were phenomenal, everything I ever wanted in chili cheese fries. So yes, you girlies should be jealous.

UNC will dominate this year, I have no doubt about it. 'Specially since no one's going pro.

Steven: you're a tard muffin.

btw: Tenn rocks.