Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'm back!

Hello again! The holiday vacation has been great. We have really enjoyed the time off. We had a lot of fun in good ol' B-town. I got in the Monday before Christmas; my flight was delayed about an hour. Justin got in on Christmas eve, only a little late. We opened presents, played games, and ate and drank a lot on the eve. And as most of you know, yes, I puked that night. That's about all that needs to be said. We enjoyed a wonderful prime rib dinner on Christmas (which I luckily got to eat despite feeling horribly hungover that am). Justin and I sat in the hot tub that night too. We played a lot of Wii and just relaxed for most of the weekend. We got to see our friends: Justin hung out with Nute on Sat. night and I saw Mel quite a few times over the week. And it's always a good time hanging out with the fam! Dealt with a couple of snow storms and driving from Mandan to Bis in some nasty weather. Thanks Dad for letting me use the truck!! And thanks to Mom and Dad for another wonderful Christmas! I have an album up on Facebook of all the Christmas pics and I think most of you can access those. If not, sorry! Here are a few more:


Ready for game time! Don't look too excited.




Got a lot of good stuff this year: a UNC shirt from J-wad, $ from the 'rents, awesome storage containers, a little vid camera, and more. Thanks to everyone! I also got a sweet ass jewelry tree from Melissa! It's awesome, I love it! Here's a pic:


We came back to the cities on Sunday (after another delayed flight) at about 2. Watched the end of the Vikes game - we're playoff bound! Woohoo! Justin and I enjoyed a quiet New Year's eve. We vegged out on the couch with the dog, watched Prince Caspian, and had some drinks. I made an interesting concoction called Hpnotiq Heaven: champagne, Chambord, and Hpnotiq. It was really good. It looked pretty funky when first poured; take a look:


Bear checking out the Chambord

Bear now enjoying a little bit of said Chambord

A pretty good New Year's line up, I must say.

Couch time on New Year's. Both Dad and Mr. Bear have a question.


It was a good New Year's. I can't believe that 3 years ago today I got engaged! It doesn't seem like that long ago. Now back to work tomorrow, but then the weekend's here! We will be taking down the Christmas decs and watching some football, provided the Vikes sell another 8,000 tix by tomorrow so they don't black out the game!


So here's to a wonderful 2009 for all of you! Happy New Year!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest picture of Justin and Bear! Made me giggle!! I am glad you like your jewelry tree! Was GREAT to see you and hang out with you. Will have to plan a trip sometime soon to see eachother again. Miss you lots and will talk to you soon!

B-dog said...

Even Bear gets to drink and I don't! Not fair!

Christmas was great, but went too fast, of course. I wish there was another holiday coming up so you could come home again soon. You'll just have to make a special trip when baby comes!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm in favor of a special trip when the baby comes!! :) Would be great to see you again that soon!! Feels like it's been forever already. Miss ya!