Sunday, July 5, 2009

Upcoming Events

We had a good 4th of July weekend, not too exciting but that's ok. Pics can be seen on Facebook. I had to work Friday, Justin had it off and got some stuff done. Saturday was a washout for the first half of the day. I walked Bear, then Justin and I decided to go to Kohl's. It downpoured while we were there and Justin ended up getting a call, so we had to leave. I came home and made dessert - caramel apple pie - and then it cleared up and the sun came out. We got our kabobs going, but since it had rained, it was too wet to sit outside and eat. But it was delish! That night we sat on the deck for a bit to see if we could see some fireworks, but no luck. Plus Bear was a little on edge with all the noise. So we went in and played some Wii. I managed to finish off a bottle of champagne, and Justin did a number on the gin. Fun night.

Today I sunbathed and started to get things together for 10klf. Justin washed and waxed my Accord and washed his Element. I helped a little. ;) We've got some steak stroganoff cookin' up in the crockpot - can't wait for that to be in my belly. It's been just a beautiful day. I'm on the deck right now, drinking a beer and Bear is laying next to me, loving this warm weather.

We've got a busy July coming up. This Thursday is the ProStep (company I work for) picnic at Como Zoo in St. Paul. Should be a good time. Saturday we have a housewarming party to go to at Sam and Ben's in Blaine. The following week we leave Thursday for ND for the Price Family reunion at Lake Sakakawea. We'll head to B-town Thursday night and stay with Erin and Steven (hopefully Justin can get outta work a little early!). Friday we'll head up to the lake; it'll be my first time there this summer, what a shame. Can't wait to get on one of those waverunners! We'll head back to the cities on Sunday. The following Monday night I start volleyball - 4-on-4 coed sand - with Jenny Brummer. I'm super pumped about that. Then my birfday is that next Wednesday!! Which is also the start of 10klf, so Bri and I will be spending my b-day and the next 3 days camping out listening to some great live music. All these things will be good times and this is looking like a pretty super July '09.

I'll get lots of pics and fill you guys in on my good times! Happy July to you!

5 comments:

Erin Price said...

What a nice post! It sounds like you're having a great summer, and July is looking awesome so far! I'm incredibly jealous that you get to see DMB at 10KL this summer, I must say.

What time are you hoping to leave Mlps on Thursday? I will be donating plasma that day and want to make sure I'm home on time. =) Steven and I are glad that you guys are staying here!

See you in 4 days!

erin said...

Ooops. See you in 11 days. =(

Sara B said...

Haha, I wish it were sooner. You know, you can get a day pass for Saturday at 10k and come see Dave!

erin said...

I think we should do the day pass! I've never seen Dave and truly need to. It's not even a want - it's a need. =)

(With me trying to save money, I have to determine needs and wants....Dave is a need.)

B-dog said...

Oh how I wish I could see Dave this summer! It's been so long, probably Vegoose. That's a long time!

You guys always have so much going on, it sounds like fun times!

I love you and can't wait to see you next week!